The LearnSci resources fully integrate with your Blackboard. All of your resources are hosted, maintained and updated by Learning Science and are added to Blackboard as web links in just a few steps.
This guide will show you how to add a LearnSci LabSim or Smart Worksheet to your course page on Blackboard.
Before you start...
You will need the LTI URL for your LearnSci LabSim or Smart Worksheet.
- LTI URLs for your LearnSci LabSims and Smart Worksheets can be found on your LearnSci Homepage(s). If you do not have access to your homepage or need help finding the LTI URL for your LearnSci resource, please get in touch
- The LTI URL should have the following format: https://resources.learnsci.co.uk/enrol/lti/tool.php?id=xxxxx (where xxxxx is a set of numbers unique to the LabSim or Smart Worksheet you are adding)
- If you would like student grades for the LearnSci LabSim or Smart Worksheet to appear in a new column in your grade centre, you need to request this by contacting email@example.com. We will provide you with a unique LTI URL for this and a different instruction guide
How to add a LearnSci LabSim or Smart Worksheet
1. Start by going to the course page where you wish to add the LabSim (or Smart Worksheet)
2. Turn Edit Mode on
3. From the Build Content tab, select Web Link
4. Give it a name and enter the LTI URL for the LabSim (or Smart Worksheet)
5. Tick the box "This link is to a Tool Provider". This brings up a new set of options depending on how Learning Science has been configured by your IT / TEL team
6. If you see a Key, a Secret, and a Custom Parameters field, enter the key and secret we provided you into their respective fields and leave the Custom Parameters field blank. If these fields aren't present, move on to the next step
7. Set Enable Evaluation to No
8. If you wish, you can add a description and attachments for your students. This is optional
9. Select Yes to Open in New Window
10. Set the rest of the options under Standard Options according to your requirements
12. From your course page, find and select the LabSim (or Smart Worksheet) you just added to check that it works