Brightspace: How to add a LearnSci LabSim or Smart Worksheet
The LearnSci resources fully integrate with your Brightspace platform. All of your resources are hosted, maintained and updated by Learning Science and are added to Brightspace as external tool activities in just a few steps. Please also follow this guide if you need to add a link to your Learning Science Homepage.
Before you start
You will need the LTI URL for your LearnSci LabSim or Smart Worksheet.
- LTI URLs for your LearnSci LabSims and Smart Worksheets from you library or collection can be found on your LearnSci Homepage(s).
- If you do not have access to your homepage or need help finding the LTI URL for your LearnSci resource please get in touch.
- If you would like the student grades for the LearnSci LabSim or Smart Worksheet to appear in a new column in your Brightspace gradebook you need to request this by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. We will provide you with a unique LTI URL for this and a different instruction guide.
1. Navigate to the Brightspace module you want to add the LearnSci Homepage, LabSim or Smart Worksheet to, or create a new module.
2. Select the “Existing Activities” drop down menu.
3. Select the “External Learning Tools” option.
4. If the resource is not listed, scroll down and select “Create New LTI Link” at the bottom of the page underneath the table.
If the LearnSci Homepage, LabSim or Smart Worksheet you want to add is already listed, select it and go to Step 9.
5.Add a name for the LearnSci Homepage, LabSim or Smart Worksheet. This will be the name seen by students on your Brightspace VLE/LMS.
6. Add the LTI URL.
LTI URLs for all library activities can be found at the top of your LearnSci Course Homepage.
7. Select “Create and Insert” if you are adding a single LearnSci Homepage, LabSim or Smart Worksheet.
8. Select "Create" if you are adding additional LearnSci Homepages, LabSims or Smart Worksheets.
9. Select 'Edit Properties In-place' from the drop-down menu.
10. You must check the box, 'Open as External Resource'
It will only be possible to open LTI URLs as external resources as the cookies generated are considered 3rd party and are blocked on many browsers by default.
11. Verify that the link is working correctly.