These instructions are intended for the Blackboard Administrator at your institution.
LearnSci resources fully integrate with your Blackboard. All of your resources are hosted, maintained and updated by Learning Science and are added to Blackboard as web links in just a few steps.
This guide will show you how to add Learning Science as a Tool Provider on Blackboard.
Before you start...
You will need:
- Your institutional key and secret
- An LTI URL for a LearnSci resource - for testing purpose
How to add Learning Science as an LTI Provider on Blackboard
1. Navigate to System Admin
2. From the Administrator Panel, under Integrations, select LTI Tool Providers
In some older versions of Blackboard, LTI Tool Providers is found under Building Blocks and you'll first need to go to the 'Building Blocks' section, select Building Blocks and then LTI Tool Providers
3. On the LTI Tool Providers page, select Manage Global Properties and under Feature Availability, set as follows:
4. On this same page (LTI Tool Providers), this time select Register Provider Domain
5. In the Provider Domain Status section, complete as follows:
6. In the Default Configuration section, complete as follows:
7. In the Institution Policies section, set as follows:
Note: Choosing not to send any user fields doesn't affect the launch of LTIs. All it does is give students anonymous names and email addresses on our system and in your grade centre. However, it is easier for staff to identify issues with students' activities if you select all the options, especially for graded activities.
9. To ensure that instructors can add Learning Science LTI links to their courses, enable LTI tool availability on courses. Do this by:
- Going to the course page
- From the control panel, select Customisation then Tool Availability
- Find LTI and tick the Available box
Check that the Learning Science LTI tool has been configured correctly and is working as expected. To test, please add the LTI URL for the LearnSci resource we have provided, following the instructions in the How to add a LearnSci LabSim or Smart Worksheet