This is an accessibility statement from Learning Science Ltd.
Measures to support accessibility
Learning Science Ltd takes the following measures to ensure accessibility of Learning Science LabSims and Smart Worksheets:
- Include accessibility throughout our internal policies.
- Provide continual accessibility training for our staff.
- Assign clear accessibility goals and responsibilities.
- Accessibility is built into our development processes.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. Learning Science LabSims and Smart Worksheets is partially conformant with WCAG 2.0 level AA. Partially conformant means that some parts of the content do not fully conform to the accessibility standard.
Additional accessibility considerations
Although our goal is WCAG 2.0 Level AA conformance, we have also applied some Level AAA Success Criteria: Images of text are only used for decorative purposes. Re-authentication after a session expires does not cause loss of data.
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of Learning Science LabSims and Smart Worksheets. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers on Learning Science LabSims and Smart Worksheets:
- Phone: +44 117 3258954
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visitor and postal address: 3 Orchard Court, St Augustine's Yard, Bristol, BS1 5DP
We try to respond to feedback within 2 business days.
Compatibility with browsers and assistive technology
Learning Science LabSims and Smart Worksheets is designed to be compatible with the following assistive technologies:
- All evergreen browsers within latest 2 versions on up-to-date operating systems (Windows, Ubuntu, MacOS) using VoiceOver, JAWS and NVDA
Learning Science LabSims and Smart Worksheets is not compatible with:
- Internet explorer and browsers older than 3 major versions.
Accessibility of Learning Science LabSims and Smart Worksheets relies on the following technologies to work with the particular combination of web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer:
These technologies are relied upon for conformance with the accessibility standards used.
Limitations and alternatives
Despite our best efforts to ensure accessibility of Learning Science LabSims and Smart Worksheets , there may be some limitations. Below is a description of known limitations, and potential solutions. Please contact us if you observe an issue not listed below.
Known limitations for Learning Science LabSims and Smart Worksheets:
- Large data tables in Smart Worksheets: It is not possible to make these tables responsive to browser windows because the scientific integrity of the data will be lost. We make every effort to minimise these issues by separating out data where possible. Please report any examples and we will see what is possible to refactor the content.
- Some information from within images required to be extracted by the user: Graphs and image based questioning that requires users to extract information from images or graphs because the content is assessment based and the questions require interpretation in which the answer may be given if contained within a tag. We look to minimise these and deal with them on a case by case basis. Additional support may be required for the user.
Learning Science Ltd assessed the accessibility of Learning Science LabSims and Smart Worksheets by the following approaches:
We aim to respond to accessibility feedback within 2 business days, and to propose a solution within 10 business days.
Formal approval of this accessibility statement
This Accessibility Statement is approved by:
Learning Science Ltd
Partner Support Department